Le mie avventure in Svizzera

Originally created as a way to document my study abroad experience in Switzerland, now it's my personal soapbox. So I welcome you to the craziness that is my mind.

Monday, May 28, 2007

In 25 hours, I can legally buy alcohol in the States

And really the only thing I want is some good wine. Thanks to my parents, I can get that anyway whenever I please, and they have good taste. I still don't like beer, even after spending 4 months near Germany, and I guess the 2 margaritas I had at the Italian-Mexican restaurant in Lugano were decent. I wouldn't want them very often though. But then again, alcohol in general is something I really only drink on occasion, at dinner parties and such.

I'm in San Diego right now for Memorial Day, visiting my dear friends who are still here studying, and it still feels weird that I'm already finished with the school year. Watching Amy and Margret study makes me feel like there must be something I should be doing, but there isn't. Not yet at least. I have an intense 4 weeks of summer school coming up in about a month, so that will make up for now. And when I fly back to Eugene on my birthday, I'm tempted to buy a glass of wine on the plane, just because I can. Though it will be kind of early. I'm not sure...

I want some of Jo and Amy's recipes, I've decided. I've eaten way too many of Amy's snickerdoodles since she baked them last night. And we went to Jo's apartment last night for tofu fajitas that were undoubtedly awesome. And now I'm eating spinach nuggets and watching Hitch in Amy's living room. This weekend has been incredibly fun. I'm happy. And I'm remembering just why I decided to go to school 1,000 miles away from home, and how I can see that I'm in the right place right now. I'll write more later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I am disappointed that you haven't blogged in over 6 months.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home